One of the first things I did when I started here at UEL was set up a Twitter account. Why? Mainly because I think it’s a really useful tool for communicating online and for keeping up to date with what is happening in areas of interest (in this case, psychology of course!). Sure you get a few tweets here and there about what people are having for breakfast (or sometimes even less interesting than that!), but in amongst the less than interesting, there are lots of nuggets of gold. The key is finding out where those nuggets of gold are. Which is where this handy blog post comes in!
I will blog more about Twitter and how it can be useful in the near future, but I thought I’d share some of the Twitter accounts that I’ve found in the past few weeks that might be of interest to the School of Psychology. So, here’s a list of some of the accounts I’ve found so far which, if you are on Twitter, are definitely well worth following:
- @BPSOfficial – the official account for the representative body for psychology and psychologists
- @APA – the American Psychological Association
- @ResearchDigest – The British Psychological Society’s (BPS) Research Digest
- @psychmag – The monthly publication of the BPS
- @richardwiseman – personal account of the psychologist and author
- @chrisdc77 – Twitter account for Chris Chambers, one of the Headquarters team
- @garwboy – personal account for Dean Burnett, neuroscientist and Guardian blogger
- @UELPsychLondon – the faculty’s Twitter account
- @edithsurrey – Edith Steffen’s Twitter account.
- @py1105 – Twitter feed by Ian Wells for the PY1105 module: “Thinking Like a Psychologist”
- @MarkMcDermott2 – Professor Mark McDermott’s Twitter account
- @sprtpsychjb – James Beale’s Twitter account
- @ChristianvN – Christian van Nieuwerburgh‘s Twitter account
- @MaryBrain – Mary Spiller’s Twitter account
- @ChrisPawson – Chris Pawson’s Twitter account
- @JoyCoogan – Joy Coogan’s Twitter account
Are there any that I’ve missed? Are there some glaring omissions from my list of psychology related accounts to follow on Twitter? If so, why not share your top Twitter accounts in the comments below? I’d love to hear if there are any great accounts I’m currently missing out on!
Do feel free to follow me online, say hello and drop any queries my way. I’d be more than happy to help!